Welcome to the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Program of the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation.
The purpose of this web site is to share some of the natural resources and GIS data that have been collected by CTUIR and
The CTUIR GIS Program’s mission is to promote and facilitate the collection,
maintenance, and beneficial use of geographic information within the tribal government. The GIS Program focuses their efforts on providing
training in the use and management of GPS and GIS information, development of reporting and analytical tools as well as cartographic data
and products which inform decisions. The GIS Program manages the implementation of ESRI ArcGIS desktop and server software.
Our goals include:
1. Encourage the beneficial use of geographic information systems by other tribal programs.
2. Pursue methods for providing tribal members with both digital and analog access to geographic data and analysis.
3. Provide a set of high-quality cartographic products that can be produced for tribal employees and tribal members.
4. Seek out tasks performed by the tribal government that could be improved or enhanced through the efficient use of
geographic information and/or geographic analysis tools and techniques. This may include the integration of spatial and non-spatial databases.
5. Provide expert analysis of geographical problems using statistical, geocomputational, and visual methods.